For DIY lovers and homeowners, the only sander that can offer absolute flexibility in your workshop is the Draper 50021, which is capable of sanding from all directions, be it horizontal, vertical or otherwise. Effectively 2 tools in one, this sander in unique in that it offers both belt and disc sanding surfaces.
This is a compact tool, by the true meaning of that word. It’s constructed from cast iron, which though a bit heavier than other materials, is an advantage on one hand because it helps you maintain precision when you’re sanding, so it won’t be jumping along the bench as you use it that’s for sure!
As you might know, Draper tools have been in the market for over 90 years and as expected, this sander has it all when what you need is a cost effective and high quality tool. Fitted with 350W motor, you are guaranteed to have enough power for continuous work. The tilting belt sander arm enhances flexibility and makes working with awkward shaped work pieces possible.
Using this for the kind of work that professionals sometimes expose their sanders to, as mentioned the strong cast iron construction ensures stability as well as reduced vibrations and noise, but it also makes it possible for you to use the sander as a hands free, free standing tool so that you don’t have to struggle with its heavy weight. Since all users have a hard time sanding in a dusty area, this tool is has a dust extraction outlet to keep the working area clean and also to help you save on cleaning time.
• Can be used free standing when performing normal DIY tasks
• Versatile since you can use its main table in vertical position
• Large diameter discs hence flexible
• Sturdy constructions to minimise vibrations and noise when working
• Horizontal and vertical sanding for aluminium, wood and plastic
• Relatively heavy, but once it’s installed you shouldn’t have to move it a great deal
• More expensive compared to the other tools in its category
• The self-adhesive sanding discs are not easy to replace
• Unclear assembly instructions
In simple terms, we think this sander is ideal for both amateur and professionals to use in any kind of DIY jobs both at home and on construction sites since it can stomach any kind of abuse, because it’s strong and durable. Even though some users have complained that it’s not easy to handle, the primary reason is because it’s targeted at professionals, but if you can get your head round using it you’ll have all the benefits of a professional grade tool at your fingertips.>>> Click Here For Pricing & Reviews on Amazon <<<