The iconic ‘sanding mouse’, the Black & Decker KA161BC is among the many orbital sanders on the market today, but it is certainly one of the most instantly recognizable.
The tear-drop shaped base doesn’t just make this sander visually appealing (although that has played a big role in its success) but it also enables you access tight corners and tight spaces in a manner quite unlike almost any other sander. It’s this that makes it a very flexible tool. The removable tips allow you to add other profile tips for greater versatility and to ensure small areas are sanded and finished properly.
This sander has also been designed in such a way as to ensure the quick fit of sand paper for an uninterrupted workflow. This will save you time as well as keeping any frustration at bay! A Velcro based system is used to fit the sanding paper quickly, so you don’t need to fiddle around with clips to secure the sheet in place.
Dust extraction ensures proper management of dust, and thus a clean work environment. In this case the KA161BC has a vacuum adaptor to further facilitate dust extraction, and you can use your vacuum cleaner if you’re not satisfied with the performance of the built in dust extraction ability of the sander.
The sanding mouse comes with several accessories, including: 2 foam pads, 2 sanding sheets (P80 and P120 grades), 1 tip piece, and a bag. This will all get you up and running with the sander straight out of the box and beyond.
- Manoeuvrability into small and tight places is as good as it gets with this sander
- The mouse shape can never be confused with other brands, and has earned its salt for what it offers
- Clip-less fixing of sanding paper
- Easy to operate – ergonomic handle design just like a computer mouse!
- High quality tool that is built to last
- Less powerful than most sanders (55 Watt motor) though remember this is for detail work rather than balls out obliteration over a large area
- Orbital motion is quite aggressive and can take time to get used to when doing detail work
- Users have also complained of the replacement pads being limited in grit range and reduced performance over time, though the latter is expected.
The Black & Decker line of power and hand tools has seldom faltered, and this tool is one of their most popular and iconic. For detail sanding work this sander stands unrivalled, it’s as simple as that.>>> Click Here For Pricing & Reviews on Amazon <<<